Hello everyone, and welcome to our first ever blog post! As our brand new Christmas collection has just dropped, it only felt right to dedicate our first ever blog post to affordable Christmas styling for your festive #tablescape!
Pictured here is our beautiful #christmastablescape. This winter is all about layering - candles, textures, and neutral colours.
Our online collection will provide you with simplistic country pieces to transform your table scape ready for lots of entertaining during the festive season!
Read our styling tips below to create a #timelesstablescape!
STYLE TIP ONE: TABLE TOP RUNNER/CLOTH/BARE TABLE?
First of all, when styling your table your first port of call should be deciding on whether you are having a table cloth, runner or bare table top. It is so important that you think about the colour of your theme and the placemats you will use when deciding this. We recommend having a simplistic tabletop base, either keeping it fresh with a crisp white table cloth or using our stone linen runner as a basis for your centre piece decorations. If you are going to be choosing a thick material placemat, having a bare table would work best.
You can shop our stone linen runner here, it is only £20 and is 150cm in length: https://www.oliveandwoodinteriors.com/product-page/stone-chambray-table-runner
Picture credit instagram @interiors71 using our stone chambray table runner
STYLE TIP TWO: PLACEMATS!
If you have opted for a white table cloth or bare table, you can add texture to your tablescape by adding quilted placemats!
Rectangular placemats are in fashion this season, and can be a fantastic statement part of your table. Don't over crowd your table with colours, keep it clean and fresh by using a white placemat with quilted detail, so you can build colours in with your foliage and centre pieces.
You can shop our quilted placemats here, sold in a set of 2 for just £18: https://www.oliveandwoodinteriors.com/product-page/quilted-placemat-white-set-of-2
STYLE TIP THREE: NAPKINS! Three words: linen, linen, linen! The most in style napkins these season have to be those made in a linen fabric. You can shop our range of #linennapkins here, we have a range of styles and colours which will all work well on a neutral placemat such as the one above. If I had to choose, I would pick the white linen napkins. Keeping it simple, snowy and fresh this season!
Shop our range of napkins below, starting from just £13 for a set of 2:
STYLE TIP FOUR: GLASSWARE!
Extra tall, extra delicate, extra detailed! 2021 is all about elegance and class with glassware, and our Heather Collection is perfect for this new fashion.
Shop our Heather Etched Glassware collection below, wine glasses & flutes available:
Starting from just £16 for a set of 2
STYLE TIP FIVE: TABLE ACCESSORIES
Adding layers to your table is incredibly important, and this can be done by building up accessories around your placemats and tableware. The top #tablescapeaccessories to use this season are:
1) Bud vases - style with real foliage cut from your garden or faux flowers, these add detail and a fresh touch to your table. Shop our set of 4 #budvases here for only £12.99:
2) Candle Holders - an essential part to a tablescape, #candleholders can come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Starting with the smallest, dotting #tealightholders around your table adds the little touches your guests will remember. Our vintage tealight holders are the perfect for a festive dining table, the antique style is in fashion this season. Shop our vintage tealight holder set of 3 here for just £14: https://www.oliveandwoodinteriors.com/product-page/ribbed-mini-t-light-holder-antique-silver-set-of-3
3) Garlands - this season a #chirstmasgarland is exactly what you need to complete your table. Silver is the in-colour for this year, and our two garlands would lie perfectly on the table to finish off your festive look.
Shop them below:
1) Star & Snowflake Garland £11.50 https://www.oliveandwoodinteriors.com/product-page/snowflake-and-star-garland
2) Beaded Heart Garland £14.50 https://www.oliveandwoodinteriors.com/product-page/beaded-heart-garland
I hope you enjoyed reading my first blog post, and you found some of these tips useful. You can shop our whole #Christmascollection online on our website now under 'Christmas' in the shop area of our website!
Lots of love,
OaW Interiors xxxx